Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Advertised Position Title Human Resources Generalist
Division Mission Systems
Work Location AK, Fairbanks
Job Description THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
This position provides administrative and strategic HR support partnering with designated business area. Responsibilities include benefits administration, employee relations guidance/resolution activities, performance management, coaching on performance, conducting new hire orientations, and administration of rewards and recognition programs. Some supervisory responsibilities will be required. Additionally, the HR Generalist is responsible for planning programs and events that engage employees and positively impact retention. This is a great opportunity for a talented HR Generalist to work with management and employees to deliver strategic HR services that are aligned with company goals.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Contribute to the support and implementation of corporate-wide policies, procedures, systems, and initiatives.
2. Provide management and staff information and practical guidance concerning HR issues and policy-related matters.
3. Conduct HR related training and informational sessions.
4. Resolve employee relations issues/concerns.
5. Share the facilitation of the new hire orientation program and ensure content/presentations are relevant and up-to-date.
6. Design and implement local employee engagement and recognition events.
7. Assist in salary administration and the annual performance review process.
8. Build effective and successful partnerships with designated business area Managers and employees.
9. Additional projects/tasking as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printer, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine and other general office equipment.
Work is in a general office environment.
Work may require lifting up to 50 lbs., stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical dangers and chemical or hazardous agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published work rules.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
Minimum of 6 years of HR Generalist experience.
1. Working knowledge of federal, state, and local HR laws/regulations
2. Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks independently
3. Experience presenting multiple HR related trainings to various audiences
4. Supervisory experience
5. High level of professionalism and demonstration of handling confidential matters
6. Must have a relatively high level of analytical ability to solve problems and effectively manage complex and sensitive issues
7. Proficiency with MS Office Suite and business software programs
Clearance Level Required at Start Date Secret
Work Status Full-Time