Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job Requisition Number:72608
Category:Business - Training
Primary Location:Anchorage, AK, US
Clearance Status:Must be Obtainable
Type of Travel:
Percent of Travel Required:Up to 10%
Through motivational, on-site, hands-on benefits counseling, the Department of Veterans Affairs will ease a military member's transition out of uniform and into civilian life. Under specific guidance from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and using information provided by the VA, this job will provide high quality benefits planning information and consulting services to all Service members and their dependents on all VA benefits and VA programs within the Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate Service members and dependents on all VA Benefits and VA Programs available.
- In a classroom/group setting, instruct approximately 10 to 50 Service members and dependents on all the VA Benefits and VA Programs for which a Service member and/or dependent may be eligible.
- On an individual case-by-case basis, provide tailored VA Benefits consultation to specifically address a particular Service member's or dependent's need.
- Provide follow-up on a case by case basis to ensure optimal outcomes.
- Provide assistance as Service members and dependents apply online for VA Benefits and VA Programs to include completing VA web-based applications.
- Review, maintain and make readily available on-site reference materials for all VA Benefits and VA Programs in order to provide the highest quality service to the customer.
- Performance of this job requires a wide range of communications skills to include occasional classroom instruction, email exchange, telephone consultation and/or individual face to face meetings.
Physical Demands: Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face. Limited travel may be required, less than 10% of normal work hours.
Note: All candidates must successfully complete a two week standards-based VA Benefits Briefer Training Course that includes successfully passing a written test and an oral presentation practical application test before he/she will be considered fully qualified to perform in this position.
BA/BS degree (Four years of relevant experience with a high school diploma may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree) and experience relevant to the requirements in the Statement of Work. Must possess high quality, oral and written communication skills. Must possess the ability to learn information within a reasonable period for preparation. Must be able to obtain a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) clearance as requested by our client.
A minimum of four years of Active Duty military service in any of the United States Armed Forces (U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, U. S. Marine Corps, U.S. Air Force, or U.S. Coast Guard) with an honorable discharge is strongly desired. Military veteran retiree preferred. Military Instructor certification (e.g., Master Trainer, Drill Instructor, Combat Instructor, etc.) is preferred.
CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
This position is in support of future opportunities; however, we are reviewing resumes now and as we get closer to filling this position, we will be contacting qualified candidates.