Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: EC75732
Interest Category: Project/Program Management
Interest Sub Category: Project Controls
Job Title : Project Controls Cost Analyst III
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
Minimum Requirements: Education: Bachelors degree in engineering, construction, business or related field, or demonstrated equivalent and related experience.
Experience: 5 years of experience in engineering, procurement and construction projects or maintenance projects in a cost control position. Demonstrates the aptitude and ability to support the development, implementation and maintenance of effective cost control programs.
• Must have Oil & Gas/Petrochemical EPC project experience
• The successful candidate must be willing to relocate within the first 12 months of the assignment and / or be willing to travel extensively for assignments ranging from 18-36 months in duration.
• Prism Cost Management Software experience preferred.
• Relocation benefits are not available for this position.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Job Description: URS Corporation is seeking a Project Controls Cost Analyst to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
Project Services – Our Project Services group partners with Energy & Construction operating groups to execute projects by providing top-caliber, professional personnel trained to deliver projects with efficiency and certainty; anticipating and responding to project needs; deploying—with market-driven agility—well-integrated processes, systems and tools designed to enhance project efficiency; maintaining a market-competitive cost structure; and seamlessly integrating functions into cohesive project teams. Our services include engineering, project controls, quality, procurement, construction and others.
• Works with company financial systems and processes.
• Develops proficiency in the use of company cornerstone systems and provides cost data in formats necessary to control the project.
• Understands financial terminology and measures and recognizes the financial impact of various project actions.
• Assists in analyzing and using financial data to identify key project issues.
• Able to use drawings and specifications in the establishment of project baseline data
• Develops knowledge of accounting principles.
• Assists in assembling data for trending and forecasting.
• Prepares analysis of progress trends and cost impact.
• May participate in reviewing and approving contractor invoices.
• Has knowledge of earned value methodology.
• Collects and analyzes data on manpower, labor hour, and labor cost requirements versus budget limitations.
• Collects and analyzes data for tracking actual cost to funding limitations.
• Assists in tracking purchase orders and subcontract commitments and expenditures.
• Possesses the knowledge of scope control and change management.
• Assists with the creation of baseline budgets.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.