Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: EC75623
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - Process/Chemical
Job Title : Process Engineer V
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
Minimum Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering from a four year accredited college or university.
• 7+ years of professional engineering experience required.
• A thorough working knowledge is required of applicable codes and standards such as API 520 and 521 and piping codes B31.3, B31.4 and B31.8
• Knowledge of development of process engineering documents including Piping and Instrument Diagrams, Equipment Data Sheets, Instrument Data Sheets and Line Lists
• Working knowledge of developing process engineering calculations including hydraulics (single and two phase) and pressure relief
• Hands on experience with process simulation software such as HYSYS or ASPEN Plus
• Oil and Gas experience
• PE License
• Previous experience supervising groups of process engineers with an emphasis on FEED and detailed engineering projects.
• Previous experience with work on the North Slope of Alaska or other arctic regions
• Experience with oil and gas gathering including flowline gathering system simulation with analysis of well productivity and reservoir decline
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Job Description: We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets—oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We’re a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining.
URS Corporation is seeking a Process Engineer V to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
• Under minimal direction, completes engineering assignments of advanced complexity.
• Comprehensive understanding of a specific discipline and has basic understanding of other disciplines.
• May provide technical guidance to a modest sized group of engineers, designers, and specialists.
• Fully versed with the preparation and execution of project scope with a specific discipline.
• Fully versed in the methods of business development and the relationship of schedule, scope and budget.
• Fully versed with codes, permits and company cornerstone applications.
• Fully versed with the process of preparing and checking of calculations as well as the approval, revision, retention, and storage of calculations with a specific discipline.
• Able to learn and use basic CAD sketching tools such as Visio.
• Can oversee the review and checking of construction and vendor drawings.
• Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
• Understands the external factors that impact specific engineering problems.
• Fully understands and reviews interdisciplinary vendor documents.
• Leads or assists with the development of manpower, man-hour requirements for a project and can monitor it to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Leads estimating tasks for a specific discipline.
• Fully understands and assists with the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.