Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: IE75877
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - Transportation
Job Title : Ports and Harbors Engineer
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
Minimum Requirements: • Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or appropriate discipline.
• Registration and designation as a Professional Engineer (PE) Civil or similar.
• Minimum nine years of relevant experience in Marine, Ports and/or Harbors Engineering.
• A Master’s degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to two years of work experience.
• A PhD degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for up to three years of experience.
• Or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
• Business development experience
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Job Description: URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Ports and Harbors Engineer for immediate employment in our Anchorage, Alaska office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Waterfront Transportation specific to Ports and Harbors. Arctic Experience is helpful. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including terminal planning, design of boat harbors, waterfront development, and arctic maritime facilities.
• Technical responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing and coordinating assignments and managing projects.
• Provides Project management and client management responsibilities.
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering project.
• Regularly develops and evaluates project plans.
• Delegates work to, trains, mentors and supervises less experienced staff to complete assignments.
• Identifies potential clients and work.
• Secures and manages clients and contracts.
• Assists Business Line Managers in the development of new business, marketing to potential and existing clients.
• Provides advice and consultation to client on engineering matters, including compliance with government laws and regulations.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume online at www.urscorp.com and refer to Requisition # IE75877.