Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: EC75642
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - Piping
Job Title : Piping Designer III
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
Minimum Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
• Associates degree in engineering discipline OR equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of Piping Design experience.
• Capability with 2D and 3D plant design
• Oil & Gas experience in the North Slope or Arctic Region
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Job Description: We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets—oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We’re a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining.
URS Corporation is seeking a Piping Designer III to be based in our Anchorage, Alaska location.
• Under minimal supervision, may develop complex engineering drawings.
• Applies a solid level of understanding within piping discipline.
• Understands codes, permits, and software applications related to the piping discipline.
• Fully understands the process of preparing designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
• Basic understanding of engineer's process of performing and verifying design calculations to support the overall project design.
• Fully understands the purpose and use of vendor documents and reviews discipline supplier documents for accuracy.
• Can also review other discipline's supplier documents.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management, and can review/advise on purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Collects data on manpower, man-hour, and labor costs requirements for design staff to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Intermediate knowledge of cost estimating methods and performs material take-offs for the discipline.
• Intermediate knowledge of discipline's materials costs and concept of cost analysis and forecasting.
• Basic knowledge of the project change control process and can identify a potential change. Fully understands the discipline's equipment and material lists.
• May provide technical guidance to less experienced design staff.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE