Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: EC75641
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - Piping
Job Title : Lead Piping Designer
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
Minimum Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
• Associates degree in engineering discipline OR equivalent experience.
• 10+ years of experience.
• Field and installation experience piping 2-D and 3-D experience.
• Piping Lead and supervision experience as a working supervisor.
• Piping Project Material experience.
• Capability with 2D and 3D plant design.
• Oil & Gas experience in the North Slope or arctic region
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Job Description: We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets—oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We’re a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining.
URS Corporation is seeking a Lead Piping Designer to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
• Under minimal supervision, develops complex engineering drawings.
• Applies a solid level of understanding within a specific discipline.
• Exercises sound judgment in assessing problem situations or complex design issues, and uses effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions.
• Basic understanding of engineer’s process of performing and verifying design calculations to support the overall project design.
• Fully understands the purpose and use of vendor documents, reviews them for accuracy and resolves discrepancies. Also reviews discipline supplier documents and other discipline’s supplier documents for accuracy.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management and can review/advise on purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Understands and applies business development concepts and principles, financial terminology and measures, and provides support for proposals.
• Leads or assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor costs requirements for design staff and monitors data to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Intermediate knowledge of cost estimating methods and performs thorough and accurate material take-offs for the discipline.
• Intermediate knowledge of discipline’s materials costs and cost analysis and forecasting methods.
• Intermediate knowledge of the project change control process, rationale and requirement, and identifies potential changes.
• Full understanding of the discipline’s equipment and material lists and instructs others in their use and requirements. Prepares designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
• Provides technical guidance and assistance to Designers and Technicians.
• Reviews completed work with design and drafting personnel responsible for its completion to ensure accuracy and compliance with codes and design data.
• Advises the Design Supervisor or Supervising Design Engineer (SDE) about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays, and adverse problems.
• Understands and assists with the planning and scheduling of design tasks associated with assigned project.
• Assists in interpreting industry codes, permits, and standards, and ensures design and drawing compliance.
• Understands the role of each of the other disciplines in Engineering.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE