Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: EC75681
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - Electrical
Job Title : Electrical Supervising Discipline Engineer II
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
Minimum Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science Degree (or equivalent education) in electrical engineering or the sciences from a four -year accredited college or university.
• 7+ years of Electrical Engineering experience
• Oil & Gas experience
• Professional Engineering License
• North Slope or an Arctic Region experience
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Job Description: We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets—oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We’re a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining.
URS Corporation is seeking a Electrical Supervising Discipline Engineer II to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
Intermediate level of knowledge within a specific discipline and an understanding of the other disciplines.
• Very familiar with the preparation and execution of project scope for a discipline.
• Very familiar with business development concepts and methods and able to lead the project proposal process.
• Strong understanding of discipline tools and knowledge of company cornerstone applications.
• Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a specific discipline.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Able to lead the development of manpower, man-hour, and labor cost requirements for a project and can monitor the effect of these on the budget.
• Has a solid understanding and can lead all aspects of estimating for a discipline.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline material costs and has an intermediate level of understanding of cost analysis and forecasting.
• Fully understands and leads the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks within a specific discipline.
• Fully understands the project change control process, can train others, and identify potential changes.
• Responsible for performance management and mentoring.
• Provides assistance to projects to address technical issues related to process improvement.
• Assists in training and mentoring/coaching other team members.
• Assists in the development of training programs within area of technical expertise and conducts training sessions as appropriate.
• Creates positive working relationships with peer leaders.
• Creates productive relationships with organizations both within and external to Engineering.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE