Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Requisition Number: EC75668
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - Electrical
Job Title : Electrical Designer IV
Employment Category/Status: full-time
Type of Position: Regular Hire
Minimum Requirements: Minimum Requirements:
• Associates degree in engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
• 8+ years of electrical design experience.
• Oil & Gas Experience
• Experience applying an intermediate level of understanding within electrical engineering
• Candidate must be familiar with codes, permits, and software applications related to electrical engineering
• Candidate must be familiar with the process of preparing designs and drawings using project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards, and procedures.
• Candidate must understand the purpose of vendor documents and uses them as a reference for assigned tasks.
• Candidate must have basic knowledge of the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Candidate must have basic knowledge of the process of performing material take-offs for the discipline.
• Candidate must have a basic understanding of the discipline’s equipment and material lists.
• Capability with 2D and/or 3D plant design is recommended.
• North Slope or Arctic Region experience
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Job Description: We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
We provide single-source, life-cycle solutions for Fortune 500 clients in industrial markets—oil and gas, refining, petrochemicals, chemicals, manufacturing, food, beverages, and life sciences. We’re a market leader in facility management and hold world-class expertise in numerous process engineering areas for oil/gas processing and refining.
URS Corporation is seeking an Electrical Designer IV to be based in our Anchorage, AK location.
Position Description or Typical Responsibilities:
This job description is not intended to include an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to the needs of the company, project, or contract.
SCOPE: The Designer is responsible for initiating and developing engineering drawings through completion for assigned projects in conformance with the requirements, applicable codes, and design criteria established by the project’s discipline engineers.
RELATIONSHIPS: Designer: Works under the direction of the Design Supervisor or Lead Designer.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Works to project specifications and discipline-associated written and verbal instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures.
• Coordinates work with that of others in discipline group and other discipline groups on the project.
• Prepares complete information for design details, bill of materials, etc., that can be distributed to other design or draft personnel for completion.
• Understands project scope as presented within a specific discipline.
• Ensures that designs are consistent with project technical requirements and scope.
• Provides support for client’s engineering deliverables.
• Advises the Design Supervisor, Lead Designer or Supervising Discipline Engineer about status of assignment(s) with respect to schedule, budgets, delays and adverse problems.
• Checks assigned drawings supplied by vendors, clients and other discipline groups throughout the project to ensure quality designs.
• Provides technical guidance and assistance to other design and draft personnel and is responsible for neatness and accuracy of work.
• Ensures quality, quantity and completeness of the assigned design tasks.
• Plans and schedules design tasks associated with assigned project.
• Keeps proper files and records related to assigned design activities.
• Develops understanding of industry codes and standards.
• Understands and uses computer software and applications associated with design assignments.
• Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional coursework and training.
• Complies with company’s safety awareness program, office and/or field safety policies.
• Develops an understanding of the role of each of the other disciplines in Engineering.
• Conforms to company core values.
• Acts with integrity in all elements of responsibility.
• Expresses ideas clearly and listens effectively to the ideas of others.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE